Monday, September 24, 2012

AVID certified!

Last week I got to take two classes!! It was an awesome break from my normal day to day work here at FMC.  Having already learned Final Cut and Premiere Pro, I've always wanted to learn AVID.  

AVID is the professional standard of 85% of hollywood films and broadcast TV, and is the most recognized editing program around.  It's been around for 30+ years, and has always had a leg up on other editing software platforms.  

Now that I've learned it I can honestly say that it is better than Final Cut and Premiere.  The only thing it's missing is the dynamic linking that Premiere and After Effects can do.  

Anyway, the good news is that I PASSED the certification exam!!!  I am now an AVID Certified User.  Hopefully this will help me in my professional career as an editor down the road.  Now I just have to decide if I'm going to go after an editing job somewhere here in Orlando, be a freelancer, or take some other job... like going back to Jesus Film.  But more on that another time...

Yay for credentials!


No comments:

Post a Comment