Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sorry for the wait :)

I am not a blogger, that's for sure.  How people keep these up, I'll never understand!  My original goal was to post once a week, but it looks like once a month is going to be a more attainable goal for me :)

Since I last posted, I've had the opportunity to work on several video projects for the Disney parks.  Many people ask me when they hear I'm doing video for Disney, "So you're working on movies?" No. I'm not, sadly.  Those elusive jobs all reside out in California, and you have to scratch and claw your entire life to get them.  Most of us aspiring filmmakers end up in the corporate video world, or television.  Now, I'm not saying that couldn't happen one day, because God can do anything :) In fact I would love that! But hopefully, until then, you will find my behind-the-scenes video work at Disney parks to be somewhat interesting.  Here's a few things that happened in November:

Got my official name tag :)

This is what I do most days - edit video from the parks! This was a "holiday greeting" from the princesses for a Canadian TV show. You can see the color correction I did - original footage on the left, corrected on the right.  Since it was shot at sunrise, the image was way too pink.    





























Did you know there's a subway at Disney? It's hidden away just for cast members :)





More to come soon!  Come back next time to hear all about the behind the scenes of the big press event for New Fantasyland! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment